Tuesday 29 April 2008

Radiation Therapy - Week SIX

DAY TWO


My treatments seem to be going so much faster now that I have passed the 'halfway' mark.

Today's treatment was number 20, which means that I have 18 treatments to go! It sure feels good to have this much of my treatment, 'under my belt' - no pun intended!

Today, my treatment went well and was on time - which is a bonus. After treatment, I had a leisurely lunch (30 minutes) as I was 'on time' and could enjoy more than the usual 15 minutes and off to work!

Every day holds out something new to experience if you just look for it! Today, I marvelled at the efficiency of the new NUM (Nurse Unit Manager).

She, and my favourite nurse; Nurse Judy, were busily engaged in tidying up files on the computer and ordering stock as well as a myriad of other tasks.

And even though they were so very busy, they both still found time to interact with the patients - for a quick chat. Such dedication and compassion deserves to be noticed and applauded!

I am so very fortunate to have chosen this particular hospital!

No comments: