Wednesday 30 April 2008

Radiation Therapy - Week SIX

DAY THREE


Day 21 - 17 still to go!

It's such a great feeling this side of halfway!

Now as I count down the treatments left I also say good-bye to more and more fellow patients. It is a little sad to say goodbye to someone you feel as though you know so well.

Even though in reality it's been somewhere between a few weeks and a couple of months!

You seem to bond very closely when you are in circumstances such as this. Sometimes words are almost superfluous; when just an understaning look, or a wink, or even just ... "I understand" can convey quickly and deeply the sentiment needing to be expressed and received!

There are also so many new faces on the scene now! And with the influx of new people, comes the opportunity to get to know some more wonderful people. Of course, not everyone is outgoing, or even wants to talk; but they usually melt after awhile.

Wow! I'm starting to feel like a veteran!


Treatment

My treatment today went well, as expected. I continue to be grateful that there are no side effects from the Radiation Treatment!!

No comments: