Tuesday 20 May 2008

Radiation Therapy - Week NINE

DAY TWO


Running Late


Arriving at the Oncology Unit early, there is always the chance that you could be offered treatment ahead of schedule - assuming that the unit is on time.

Of course the opposite is also possible ... they could be running well behind schedule and you have to sit there for hours!

Well today, turned out to be one of the latter!!

Fortunately, I was able to fill in some time chatting with staff; having morning tea; and later on, an early lunch.

By the time my treatment was ready, I was desperate to empty my bladder but (stubbornly) I held on because I wasn't going to go through all that again until my bladder was 'comfortably full'!!

The treatment itself was something of an anti-climax ... all over in 'the blink of an eye' (comparatively speaking) or 10 minutes in real time!!

No comments: