Monday 19 May 2008

Radiation Therapy - Week NINE

DAY ONE


Chaplain Come Here!

Some, say it's great to be in demand, to be looked up to and be sought after etc!Well maybe that's so in many cases, but not when you're undergoing Radiation Treatment and Hormone Treatment (becoming a female - literally) and struggling with fatigue; whilst still trying to cope with the pressures of work and preparing to relocate overseas!!

I mean ... I've got a lot on my mind at the moment and I really appreciate (more than ever) my own space.

On top of all that, we are currently living in a caravan in a friend's backyard in order to save a little money on rent etc. This means we are living out of suitcases and our routine has been 'turned on it's head'!

The upshot is, I try to limit my availabilty without causing offence - not an easy balance at times.


"Ahhh ... peace ... time to meditate, to rest, time to contemplate ... who am I kidding"?

"Mr Purcell ... how's our bladder today"?

"Not sure about yours ... but mine is ready for anything"! "Lead the way my young friend"!

No comments: