Friday 16 May 2008

Radiation Therapy - Week EIGHT

DAY FIVE


All was going well, I managed to jump the queue again by arriving early and my treatment was going well ... then it happened: The Linear Accelerator decided to break down!

I was not impressed!

I mean, there I was; naked except for my socks (you have to have some concessions) and my 'sexy' hospital gown and it was decidely cold!

We had successfully navigated through the CT Scan without any dramas, but upon resetting the Linear Accelerator for the Radiation Treatment ... well it just decided it needed a break!

Fortunately, with a few defts tweaks here and there the technicians were able to 'breath new life' into the decidely over-worked piece of (incredibly expensive) machinery.

Suffice to say, that we were underway in short order and I was no worse for the wear!

I kept muttering to myself: "32 down ... only 6 to Go"!!

It helped!!

No comments: