Thursday 15 May 2008

Radiation Therapy - Week EIGHT

DAY FOUR

Hospital Chaplain


Somehow word had spread arouund the Oncology Unit, that I had been a Hospital Chaplain for many, many years. Well, it's amazing how many people have started to seek me out for 'chat'.

Today an elderly doctor's wife 'cornered me' literally. I had only spoken to her briefly the day before and today she had escaped my cursory glance an arrival and waited until I turned in her direction ...

"Hello there, you just come and sit over here ... there's lot's I want to tell you"!

Well, as it happened the treatments were running well behind and I had nearly 45 minutes with my 'new best friend'!

Now don't get me wrong, I love to be able to help others where I can but this felt a little more like I was her personal Chaplain!

Fortunately, my turn for treatment arrived in the 'nick of time' before the conversation became too intense and I was off for treatment number 31 ... yay!

My treatment continues to 'go perfectly' according to the weekly review appraisal I received immediately after treatment.

No complaints here ... except ... where's that Chaplain, I want a word with him ...!!

No comments: