Wednesday 9 April 2008

Radiation Therapy - Week THREE

DAY THREE

I must admit, that the treatment I am receiving, is rather boring once you get over the initial concern, anxiety, wonder etc. And since there's not much else to do, I spend my time meditating.

I usually start with:

"Well ... that's 9 down and 31 to go"!
From there I move into a deep state of meditation.


Here I am already 'out to it' so to speak!


The procedure normally takes from 15-25 minutes; but to me it seems like 2 minutes - as time flies! To date, I am still essentially sympton free in regard to the radiation. The only possible signs of what I may have to look forward to are:
  • Burning when urinating

  • Skin irritation

  • Irritable bowel - leading to diarrhoea
I have begun to experience these but not consistently .. so I'll have to wait and see. I really cannot complain as the 'hands on' staff have been remarkable!

No comments: