Thursday 24 April 2008

Radiation Therapy - Week FIVE

DAY FOUR


Well my last treatment for the week went well as usual. I marvel, that even at the half way mark, I still have no 'significant' side effects from the Radiation treatment!

Today, my good friend Mary, had her last treatment. While we celebrated that fact and her good results, we were both a little sad that we would most likely not see each other again!

As Mary exited the treatment room via the extended 'tunnel' - and knowing I was 'up next' - I took the initiative to approach Mary mid-tunnel and offer her a 'hive 5' ... to which she responded with equal gusto!

The staff simply laughed as Mary and I then exchanged well-wishes and gave each other a big hug!

After my treatment, I headed off to have some lunch before heading back to work.

By the way, my lunch consists of - among other things - a large 'high protein drink' and a well balanced meal; aimed to boost my energy levels after the treatment and to give me to have the strength for the journey back to work.

All, continues to go well!

No comments: