Wednesday 23 April 2008

Radiation Therapy - Week FIVE

DAY THREE


Today, my treatment was about 30 minutes late! This gave me time to chat with a number of the patients, most of whom I don't ordinarily see because they have later appointments.

Several of us just sat their swapping stories about our condition and the great treatment we are receiving at the Radiation Oncology Department.

I'm sure, that many of the staff overheard our conversations, as they made a point of 'smiling' and 'saying hi' each time they passed. It actually felt good, to watch the staff's faces light up!

Nothing outstanding to speak about, regarding my treatment today; all went well and according to plan. The only 'hitch', was in regard to my appointment with the dietician - set down for 12noon.

I was a couple of minutes late (remember my treatment was late) in attending the appointment. Well ... after a few questions asked in the right places ... the Dietician gave up on me (or maybe gave in to her cravings) and headed off to the canteen for lunch.

My response?

I headed off for lunch too! And since I was late and not wanting to 'stretch the friendship' with too long a time away from work; I held a 'board meeting' ... where: Me, Myself and I, all voted unanimously to postpone the appointment until next week!

No comments: