Monday 12 May 2008

Radiation Therapy - Week EIGHT

DAY ONE


Running Behind

Well today was certainly ‘back to normal’ … the queue in front of me, was a sure indication that I was in for a late day.

In order to pass some time, I arranged for my weekly (Doctor’s) review to be brought forward. The good news continues on this front: “All is going perfectly”!

Apparently, I am tolerating the treatment ‘perfectly’; meaning I’m not suffering from any of the multitude of side effects that normally attend 38 Prostate Cancer Radiation treatments.

The weekly CT scans (usually the last treatment day of the week) also show that the treatment is working perfectly!

On another note, my Oncologist has arranged for 3 Radiation Treatments on my chest.

Apparently, the most effective way to deal with ‘man boobs’, is to ‘zap’ them. Guess I should cancel those trainer bras!!

Another milestone passed today also … today was treatment number 28; meaning that I have only 10 treatments to go!

And so today, I started the countdown in earnest!!


10... 9 … 8 … 7 … 6 …5 … 4 … 3 … 2 … 1 … ZERO!!

No comments: