Friday 9 May 2008

Radiation Therapy - Week SEVEN

DAY FOUR


Back to NORMAL

I can hear somebody already asking: "But what is normal"?

"I'm glad you asked ... in my case normal goes something like this..."


  • 10:00am drive to hospital ... arrive 10:30am.


  • Log in (more accurately 'scan in' ... high tech stuff!).


  • Stir the girls at the reception desk.


  • Sign for parking permit.


  • Place parking permit in the van and head off to the kitchen.


  • Make cup of tea, grab some biscuits and chat to whoever is silly enough to sit near me!


  • Wait for a technician to come and get me.


  • Get changed into 'sexy' hospital gown.


  • enter 'the room' and wait to be 'microwaved'!!


  • Get changed ... a much better look!


  • Have some lunch - don't have the energy to rive immediately after
    treatment.


  • Return parking permit.


  • Stir the girls at the reception desk.


  • Head off ... back to work!!

    • PHEW I'm tired just thinking about it!

      By the way, my treatment is continuing to go without a hitch - even the word perfectly has been bandied about!

      No complaints here!

        No comments: