Thursday 3 April 2008

Radiation Therapy - Week Two

DAY THREE

Today we arrived early - it's often difficult to predict the traffic - and were rewarded with an early appointment as someone had just cancelled.

The procedure was over in what seemed like 'no time at all'. Perhaps I'm getting used to the routine and tend to simply 'space out' ... who knows.

While lying on the 'bed' I can remember telling myself:

'Well this will be 5 down ... only 35 to go'!


Contrary to the suggestion in the following image, the machine did not 'go haywire' and destroy the ceiling ... requiring one of the staff to steady it.

Pictures can be worth a thousand words, but ... they can also LIE!




I continue to have NO noticeable side effects related to the treatment; at least none that I could clearly associate with it immediately afterwards!

No comments: