Friday 28 March 2008

Radiation Therapy - Week One

DAY TWO

Two down ... 38 (treatments) to go!!!

Today my wife attended the treatment room with me to see first hand just how meticulous the technicians are in ensuring that the measurements precisely match that of the computerised treatment plan.

I must say, I am very impressed with the skill, precision and patience these dedicated personnel demonstrate. I also applaud the attention given to the patient to ensure that every step of the procedure is explained along the way.


Here's a picture showing today's team hard at work.



After carefully ensuring that the right 'positioning' is attained; the team adjourn to the computer station to take a series of X-rays to ensure that the 'gold seeds' (fiducial markers) show that the prostate is in the same relative position as indicated on the 'model'.

With any necessary minor adjustments completed; the Radiation Treatment begins.

Once again, NO discomfort to report. The only 'difficulty' I have is the timing associated with ... empty bowel ... but FULL bladder.

No comments: