Friday 30 November 2007

PSA Blood Test

Today I attended our local GP's surgery for another blood test. Specifically, this blood test was to:

  • Determine whether my PSA reading [previously 84.8] had begun to drop. Thus showing that the hormonal therapy I have been undergoing for a little over 4 weeks now, has in fact had the desire affect; and

  • Determine whether my cholesterol readings had improved as a result of my [now] 'extremely healthy' diet.


I am told that it is quite normal for the PSA to rise after a trans-rectal biopsy. I also have to bear in mind, that I only started hormone therapy 4 weeks ago. [Orally for the first two weeks, followed by an LHRH implant and continuing the oral regime until two weeks after the implant procedure].

Having said that; it sure would be a 'shot in the arm' [pardon the pun] to receive a lower PSA reading! I am due to receive the results in a few days.

No comments: